JuiceBox offers EV chargers to your home to charge your electric vehicle. How do you know to purchase the best one? Let’s get into our JuiceBox review from an electric vehicle charging station perspective.
JuiceBox Review 2020 [EV Charging Buying Guide Included]
JuiceBox offers compatible and high-performance chargers, batteries, and accessories. You can use these products for electric vehicles (EV), cameras, and electric appliances. Especially, JuiceBox EV chargers are the most popular products.
These charging stations are capable of recharging your EV at a fast pace. You can also upgrade them to be compatible with your future electric vehicles. JuiceBox offers a complete range of EV chargers that are plug-in ready.
New electric vehicles with large batteries are coming on the roads every year. These vehicles can cover longer distances. But to recharge these cars, you need powerful charging stations.
JuiceBox is thinking ahead of time. This is the reason they have started to produce high-capacity chargers for such EVs.
The JuiceBox app also allows you to control the charging process. Knowing the peak electric demand/rates is beneficial. It helps to lower the charging cost by scheduling the charge time. This app also notifies whenever you forget to plug in your car.
JuiceBox charging stations offer WiFi connectivity, Smartphone app and voice assistance features. It ensures a powerful Level-2 charging (75 Amp, 18 kW) for your EV.
This JuiceBox review provides an ample amount of information about popular JuiceBox products. Moreover, our comprehensive buyer’s guide is also here to assist you.
How Fast Charging You Need For Your EV?
If it suits you to recharge your EV overnight, you can continue to use your vehicle charger. This suggests that you don’t need to buy or install a very fast charger.
Plug-in vehicles offer a limited electric range. Hence, you can’t drive your vehicle to longer distances with a single charge. So you need a quick charger to continue your journey.
While installing a charging station, be sure to consider your electric vehicle’s requirements. The most essential thing is the capacity of your car and how much power its system can bear.
Top JuiceBox Products Reviewed
Let’s get into some of the top Juicebox products for your home and energy efficiency needs.
This JuiceBox V-Mount Battery and Charger are efficient and cost-effective. The high capacity battery provides enough juice to run a camera. It has a long-lasting (95-watt-hour) and lightweight lithium-ion core.
This V-mount battery also comes with a charger. Hence, you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars while buying a separate charging system.
This high-efficiency charger is a fast-charging solution to meet the power needs of your camera.
- Powerful battery
- High capacity (95-watt-hour)
- Efficient charging (4.5 amp D-tap charger)
- Zero memory effect
- Compatible with standard v-mount system of any type
- Lightweight and durable
- One year limited warranty
2. JuiceBox Battery For Blackmagic Cameras (Pocket 4K, Micro, Pocket, Cinema, Production And Video Assist)
This JuiceBox battery is specifically designed for Blackmagic Cameras. It serves as a perfect power solution for the filmmakers. It is a powerful, long-lasting and mountable external battery for the Blackmagic camera.
The build quality of the Magic Power 2.0 battery is great, which makes it the highly durable external battery. It has the highest quality Li-ion cells to ensure extraordinary performance.
Moreover, it is available at an affordable price. You can recharge this battery more than 500 times, that too without any memory effect.
You can easily mount this battery to your camera or release it. The display of Magic Power battery provides necessary information.
Hence, you are always aware of the capacity, current input/output, and voltage. It also has a 3A smart charger to charge this battery from 0% to 100% in just two hours.
- Compatible with BMPCC 4K, BMPCC, BMPC 4k, BMMCC, and BMCC 2.5k
- High capacity 58Wh
- 7+ hours with BMPCC and Micro Cameras
- 5 hours with BMCC
- Easy to swap
- Easy to mount
- One year limited warranty
3. JuiceBox Pro 40 Smart Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station With WiFi – 40 Amp Level 2 EVSE, 24-Foot Cable, NEMA 14-50 Plug, UL And Energy Star Certified, Indoor / Outdoor Use
The Juicebox Pro 40 EV charger is a perfect solution for fast charging. With this EV charger, you can control the charging times by knowing and avoiding the peak electric demand/rates.
This is a high-power, 10kW, 40 amp EV charging station, ideal for Indoor or outdoor installation.
- LED indication for connectivity, power and charging status
- 24-foot cable
- JuiceBox Pro 40 Installation is simple
- Controllable with Smartphone app
- Voice control through Amazon Alexa
- Durable and waterproof aluminum enclosure
4. JuiceBox Pro 40 Lite: 40 Amp UL Listed Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVSE) With 24-Foot Cable And NEMA 14-50 Plug
JuiceBox Pro 40 Lite is a high capacity, 10kW, 40A Level-2 EV charging station. Ideal for Indoor or outdoor installation and comes with a cable management mount. This EV charger is Energy Star certified, as it helps you to manage the charge time.
It can be easily mounted to a bracket for hassle-free charging. On the contrary, you can also use it as a portable EV charger by removing its mounting brackets. It shows full compatibility with almost any EV models.
JuiceBox Pro 40 Lite can automatically adjust the amps to the required level. It detects the acceptability of your electric vehicle and recharges it accordingly.
- Maximum power output up to 40 amps
- Can be used as a mounted or portable charging station
- Energy star certified
- NEMA 14-50 plug and 24-foot cable included
- Installation is easy (Similar to Juicebox Pro 40 Installation)
This JuiceBox 40A, 20ft J1772 extension Cord is an ideal accessory for your EV. It provides you with an opportunity to carry your charging station power wherever you go. This simple solution can relieve you from the stress in case of a blocked public charging spot. An extension cord is an essential tool for your vehicle.
You can also take advantage of this extension cord in the following situations.
- If the vehicle is on the driveway
- The vehicle is outside the garage
- The vehicle is in a shared garage
- 20 Foot long cable
- Super flexible extension cord
- 40 Amp continuous rating
- Extension with simple male / female junctions
- Both ends secured with cover caps
- Lightweight and portable
6. JuiceBox Pro 32 Smart Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station With WiFi-32 Amp Level 2 EVSE, 24-Foot Cable
JuiceBox Pro 32A is for those EV owners, who live in those apartments or older homes with 32 amps circuit limit. This EV charging station is a high-power 7.7 kW, which is perfect for both Indoor and outdoor installation.
The package also includes a cable management mount. It is a UL listed and Energy Star certified EV charger that provides enough power for rapid charging. Juicebox Pro 32 works with any power source.
Just plug it into a regular or RV-type wall outlet with a compatible adapter. By simply installing a 14-50R outlet you can plug in and use your JuiceBox Pro 32 charging station.
The image to the right is the same as you’ve previously seen because the product is the same, but the size of the cable is different.
- Smartphone app charging control
- LED indicators to show connectivity, charging status and power
- Comes with 24-foot cable
- Voice control via Amazon Echo
- Strong and waterproof aluminum case
- Compatible with multiple power sources
- Offers scheduling and energy metering
7. JuiceBox Pro 75A WiFi-Equipped Plug-in Electric Vehicle Charging Station with 24-Foot Cable and Input Whip for Hardwire Installation
This powerful 75-amp JuiceBox Pro is capable of charging almost every EV battery. It works well, irrespective of the size of your vehicle’s battery. Hence, it quickly charges any EV currently produced in the world. It automatically adjusts the power in accordance with the requirement of each EV.
JuiceBox Pro 75A offers much faster charging. It has some of the most advanced charge control features. You can take advantage of WiFi connectivity, notifications, scheduling, and energy metering.
- High capacity 75-amp
- Comes with 24-foot cable and Input Whip for hardware installation
- WiFi connectivity, Energy metering, Charge scheduling
- Smartphone and web-based app for charge control
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa
- Ideal for commercial and residential charging
Things to Know Before Buying an EV Charger
Buying a perfect charging station may turn out a hard decision for some people. You should know exactly what type of charging station would work with your vehicle. You must also know the difference between a charging station with a plug and one that is being hardwired.
In fact, EV chargers with plugs are slightly costlier than those without plugs. Moreover, chargers with plugs are quite large in size. It makes them less efficient when it comes to portability.
Another essential feature to look for is the ability to control charging times. Especially, if your car doesn’t offer this feature.
Some of the most valued features that you should look for an EV charging station include:
- Durability and charging speed
- Long charging cord
- Whether it is an outdoor rated charger
- How much it would cost
- Smartphone app and web-based charging control
- LED indication for power, charging status and connectivity,
- Portability and waterproofing
- UL Listed and Energy Star certification
- Whether it has a plug or hardwired option
Things To Know Before Installing An EV Charger
Most of the plug-in hybrids and EVs come with a Level 1 charging station. This allows the electric vehicle to charge its batteries via the standard household outlet. If your plug-in hybrid has a limited electric range or you drive it occasionally, Level 1 charger is better. Otherwise, you should think about buying a Level 2 charging station.
If you want to install an EV charger at your own, you need to follow the instructions.
If you want to install an EV charger at your own, you need to follow the instructions. This will ensure that your charging station works in the best possible manner.
If you want to install an EV charger at your own, you need to follow the instructions. If you have bought a JuiceBox charging station, make sure to read their manual. To solve any issue while installation, you can use Juicebox Troubleshooting guidelines.
But before you start, make sure to get all the information about your EV. By doing so, you can install your charging station properly.
To make things easy to handle, just take a look at the information you need to grab.
- Make/model of your electric vehicle that you want to charge with your charging station
- What is the location of a nearest electric panel around your parking area
- The electric range of your vehicle (PHEVs)
- The longest distance to which you can expect to drive with a single charge (EVs)
By knowing the make and model of an EV, you can judge the capacity of its onboard charger and battery pack. What you need is a powerful charger to completely recharge your vehicle.
Moreover, try to install a charging station near the parking space.
Decide If A Local Electrician Can Install A Charging Station
You can get the help of a local electrician to install a charging station. A professional can perform this task according to the circuit capacity of your home. So it’s better to take help from a person with the required technical knowledge.
Your circuit breaker should bear 125% of your maximum continuous load. For instance, during the JuiceBox 40 installation, you should use at least a 50A breaker. The capacity of the electrical circuit can affect the installation process.
This is the most important factor to consider. If your charging rate is equal to or more than the capacity of the circuit, the circuit breaker will flip. You can solve this issue by limiting the charging rate to 80%.
Amperage Rating Of The Wiring
Your wiring must have a maximum continuous amperage rating. This means, that it should be able to withstand the load of at least 40-ampere charging stations. The following are some of the wire gauge specifications:
- 8AWG for a 40A circuit
- 6AWG for 50A circuit
During warm charging conditions or longer charging duration, you need larger gauge wiring.
Mounting A Charging Station
Almost every charging station comes with a mounting bracket. To mount your charger on a wall, just use the wood screws to attach the mount into a wall.
After this, you can slide in the charging station and start using it. To detach the charger, slide it out of the mounting bracket.
This type of installation allows you to use it as a fixed as well as a portable charger.
Conclusion on JuiceBox EV Charging Station Review
I hope our JuiceBox review was helpful for your consideration of improving your energy efficiency goals. I love the combination of the JuiceBox price and the high-quality nature of their products. This box has a lot of juice.
Get yours and start your journey of an electrified world.
These are several other awesome EV chargers for sale.
What do you think of JuiceBox review? Please let me know in the comments below.
- Best Greywater Systems for Homes
- Best Solar Panels [Reviews & Buying Guide Included]
- Renogy Solar Review & Buying Guide
- Eco-Worthy Solar Review & Buying Guide
- Renewable Energy Dictionary
- SunPower Solar Panels Review
Green Coast is a renewable energy and green living community focused on helping others live a better, more sustainable life.
We believe that energy and green living has become far too complex, so we created a number of different guides to build a sustainable foundation for our future.