Our solar racking definition will include examples and types of solar racking mounting systems.
What is Solar Racking?
Solar racking is the process of mounting solar panels in various surfaces like rooftops, building facades or even on the ground to harvest solar energy. A solar racking system which is also known as a photovoltaic mounting system is a system that provides for the safe and mounting of solar panels in different surfaces.
For any solar energy system to be meet the desired output, there is a need to choose the right racking system is very important. An excellent solar racking system allows for the mounting of the solar panels in almost all types roofs and surfaces.
Solar Racking Definition and Examples
To elaborate further on the definition of solar racking or the photovoltaic systems, let’s explore a few different types of the system. A good system that can withstand even the adverse weather conditions such as strong winds is very crucial.
Solar racking plays an important part of the overall solar system and solar system performance. These are the advantages to photovoltaic systems.
Types of Solar Mounting Systems
Here are the various types of the photovoltaic racking system includes:
- Ground solar racking system – It is where the multiple solar panels or modules are mounted on the ground. The structure provides safe installation since there is no climbing, easy access as it is near to the ground, flexible positioning among others.
- Pole mount racking system – In the racking structure, the solar panels are mounted on a pole. It is usually used where there is limited space. Its advantages include flexibility, easy access, and there is no roof penetration.
- Roof mount PV system (can be with roof penetration or without) – It is the kind of solar racking system is where the panels are fixed on the roof-tops. Advantages may include the usage of unutilized space and lower material costs among others.
There are plenty of good solar racking companies out there to choose from. Many of tier 1 solar mounting systems are found in North America and Asia. Try finding your favorite Global Solar Supply solutions in one place.
Benefits of Solar Racking System
There are a number of benefits to having a solar mounting system to improve performance of the solar system. If you don’t mount your solar system properly, you could have wind damage and poor performance from the system.
- Properly installed solar panels optimize the output of the panels to get sufficient energy output.
- The solar racking systems provide well-fitted solar panels that reduce damages on surfaces like the rooftops.
- Getting the optimal output from the process will reduce the costs of trying to use alternative sources of energy.
What is your solar racking system definition? Let us know if you’d like anything added to the database.
Renewity is a renewable energy blog community that will help you learn about renewables, energy efficiency and green living.
« Back to Glossary Index