Our wind turbine calculator can help you determine an accurate energy production and sizing.
Wind Turbine Calculator
The wind turbine calculator is mean to be used to estimate energy production and wind turbine sizing. This can be a great way to make better decisions about renewable energy.
The turbine calculator can be used for both offshore and onshore wind energy production estimations.
See these wind turbines for your home if you are considering going off the grid.
How to Use the Wind Energy Calculator
Here is how to use our wind energy calculator in a step-by-step manner.
- The density of air will always remain constant on Earth at 1.23 kg/m3
- Then, input the estimated wind speed for the area.
- Input the rotor diameter, which is a strong determinant of potential energy
- Next, you will likely have a series of yield losses from the various components, including blades, transformers, gearboxes, etc.
- Yield losses are simply all the items that will hamper production. Wind turbines won’t always work at peak performance.
- This will determine the actual performance after accounting for losses.
- Finally, now that you know your actual production for the wind turbine. Now type in your annual production need. This will determine the number of turbines that you need to install to meet your annual production need.
Start your renewable energy by using our calculator to make better production decisions by sizing your turbine usage to the optimal amount.