Our Renogy solar review highlights their various products to help you determine the best solar kit for you.
Renogy Solar Review: What Solar Kit is Best for You?
Solar energy is one of the most reliable and arguably cleanest sources of renewable energy available. One of the fastest-growing renewable energy companies today is Renogy.
It supplies solar power panels and kits at affordable prices.
In this Renogy solar review, we will explore more about Renogy solar panels, its features, and the various sizes available. Ordering solar supply online is actually pretty easy these days. It will save you significant money along the way as well.
What is Renogy Solar?
Solar energy is used either directly or indirectly from the sunlight and is used to generate electricity used for cooling, heating, and lighting among other purposes.
Renogy offers multiple solar panel kits for different applications. Renogy packages offer an excellent option to the people in small homes as it is suitable for cabins, motorhomes, and tiny houses among others. It is also fit for those interested in specific hardware off the grid, for example, the internet or cable.
With Renogy DIY starter kits which are available directly to consumers, the consumers don’t necessarily require professional installers to fix the system for them. Renogy offers three different types of panel construction including lightweight, rigid, and portable, foldable suitcases.
The Renogy solar panels are rated in wattages and are offered in different models to best suit all applications such as 12V/24V, monocrystalline & polycrystalline, and standard & premium panels. Photovoltaic solar panels have a number of advantages. Here are some of the advantages of PV solar.
How to Install a Renogy solar panel
The system checklist includes panel, adaptor kit, charge controller, tray cable, battery, inverter cable, inverter, and AC appliances.
The checklist also offers some add-ons that include wiring cables, accessories, generators, and camping. The voltage of the solar panels includes 5V, 12V, and 24V and the watts ranges between 4W and 500W.
The cell type could be an eclipse, monocrystalline or polycrystalline. Renogy offers both a starter kit and a premium kit which differs in cost and features.
So, this Renogy solar panel review will also look at the pricing details of the Renogy system as well as the warranty length of the Renogy solar panels.
Renogy offers one of the best 100-watt solar panel kits. Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel starter kits range in size from 100-watts up to 600-watts.
An average Renogy starter kit comprises one Renogy 100W 12V Poly/ Mono Solar Panel, one 8ft 10AWG Tray Cable, one 30A PWM Wanderer Charge Controller, one set of Z-brackets and one 20ft 10AWG MC4 Adaptor Kit.
In a majority of Renogy solar kit reviews, you will find that most have indicated that it does not include some other extra hardware accessories necessary to set-up and run the system.
In which case, you may require the services of a professional installer if you are not able to find all the accessories necessary to start and run the system.
Renogy Solar Panel Size Options
To better understand how Renogy solar panel kit works, let’s look at some of their main sizes.
Here are the six main sizes of the Renogy solar panels:
Each of these solar panels is 100W in capacity. You can actually select higher amounts of capacity for each solar panel as well. The more solar panels that you buy in advance the cheaper the overall cost.
Don’t buy panels from the installer. It will end up costing you much more money. If you can simply purchase the panels in advance and have a contractor install them, you will save a lot of money. Plus, you’ll be operating on solar in no time.
Key Features of the Renogy Starter Kit
Some of the key features of the starter kit include:
- EL tested solar modules with no hot-spot heating guaranteed.
- Efficient and reliable
- High solar cell efficiency where the monocrystalline has 18.4% and the polycrystalline has 17.9% level of solar cell efficiency. Here are how other forms of renewable energy capacity factors stack up.
- TPT back sheet which ensures there is smooth performance over an extended period.
- Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel to allow for secure and quick mounting.
- Expandable & intuitive
- A high module conversion efficiency
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame suitable for extended outdoor use that can withstand high wind of up to 2400PA and snow loads of up to 5400PA and thus allows the panels’ to last longer.
- IP65 rated junction box to shield it from environmental particles and low-pressure water jets completely.
- 4-Stage battery charging process meant for efficient, fast, and safe battery charging.
- The Renogy Wanderer is also fitted with several electronic protections including overcharging, short-circuits, overload and reversed polarity.
- Gel, sealed and flooded charging algorithm ready.
- The Renogy Wanderer 30A PWM Charge Controller allows system expansion up to a maximum of 400W.
An ideal Renogy Solar panel kit review must include the pricing details of the Renogy solar panels.
Renogy Solar Power System Cost and Warranty
The cost of the system depends on different individual factors. Renogy estimates the average cost to range between $1.73 and $2.05 per watt. Therefore, an average 5kW system may cost around $8,600 before tax rebates.
The tax rebates and credits depend on your location. After tax, the average cost is about $6000 exclusive of the inverters and installation cost. Renogy system offers a 25-year warranty period for transferable power output and five years for material and skill for a maximum system voltage of 600V DC.
With the warranty, the user can claim compensation if the system suddenly stops working or if they experience other issues during those covered years.
Well, before we end this Renogy solar panel review, it’s crucial that we look at both the advantages and disadvantages of Renogy solar panel kits.
See Related: How to Clean Your Solar Panels
Pros of Renogy Solar kits
- Renogy offers a 25-year warranty period.
- The solar panel is waterproof and has a corrosion-resistant aluminum frame that can withstand high wind of up to 2400PA and snow loads of up to 5400PA allowing panels to last longer. Here you can use a solar panel roof load calculator to learn more.
- It offers kits direct to consumers and is a DIY solar kit.
Cons of the Renogy Solar kits
Some drawbacks of Renogy kit include:
- Renogy’s smaller kits are too small to power a home off-grid
- Renogy’s output is low, and thus it can take many days to charge a deep-cycle battery fully.
- The module temperature for Renogy solar panels usually ranges from -40°C to 90°C. and the charge controllers have an operating temperature of -35°C to 55°C and so it may not withstand very extreme conditions
- The charge controllers are not waterproof, and thus it requires the user to secure a well-ventilated dry space for it.
- The starter kits and premium kits exclude some crucial components and hardware and may involve an extra cost to buy them separately and possibly cost of installation.
You may be wondering if the Renogy kit is sufficient to power your home. Well, Renogy offers some off-the-grid solar kits. Some kits like the Renogy 100-watt kit can power dedicated devices off the grid.
The Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel kit may not be enough to go for total off-the-grid because it requires a much larger system with an equally larger back-up battery.
It is vital that you choose a solar panel that can work well for your home. Some important factors to consider may include your home positioning, your power usage, and your home areas’ climatic conditions, among other personal needs.
Conclusion on Renogy Solar Review
I believe this Renogy review has offered useful insights about the Renogy solar equipment. It is a unique solar panel that can help you harness the power of the sun and save on electricity bills.
The above overview illustrates why Renogy was named one of the best solar panels to buy online.
With this information, you can figure out if Renogy is an ideal option and if it will help you meet your energy needs.
What do you think we missed in our Renogy solar review? Please let us know in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!
Other Solar Panel Guides
- How to Clean Your Solar Panels
- How to Test a Solar Panel for Production
- Solar Power Production Guide
- A Case Study of How Solar Panels Perform in Weather Conditions
- Solar Lifespan Guide – How Long Do Solar Panels Last?